• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Free wifi cafe wiki

No text, the title pretty much says it all.

(Editted to remove the less than macho smilie thing from the title. How the hell did that thing get added, stupid itchy left click finger. Smilies belong exclusively on the "My Pretty Pony" board. Even the denziens over at Planet Smurf probably think smilies are kinda lame.)

Edited by Keith Talent (log)

No text, the title pretty much says it all.

(Editted to remove the less than macho smilie thing from the title. How the hell did that thing get added, stupid itchy left click finger. Smilies belong exclusively on the "My Pretty Pony" board. Even the denziens over at Planet Smurf probably think smilies are kinda lame.)

Great find, Keith. Thanks.

And I'm secure enough with my masculinity that I, too, have no fear of using smilies. :raz:

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

www.leecarney.com

Keith, you are either a man of internal balance or excrutiating conflict. You hatred of smilies is pleasantly, or infuriatingly, offset by your love of Hello Kitty pens. :raz:

I get the cafes and malls, but can someone enlighten me on who is going to the pub by him/herself to get a beer, maybe some wings, and a wifi connection? Or do people go out in pairs/groups to restaurants to surf anti-socially but together? I have never had a wireless laptop so I'm in the dark here.

Oh right, being on business or out of office/town makes sense. Especially when it's a free wifi versus paying $X/hr for a DSL connection in your hotel room.

Or whatever rate FatPort is charging! Free WiFi is awesome!

A.

What about internet cafes w/ computers? I don't always bring my laptop on vacation but it's nice to check in once in awhile.

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

• 3 months later...

The Esquires Coffee that's across from the Brew pub along the walkway to the IGA has three free internet terminals at the back. The Blenz further along closer to the IGA should also have free wifi.

If you're really desperate, I can give you some friends adresses who's house you can park in front of.

:laugh:

Thanks, KT. I have a laptop, and I'm wireless, but my cheesy hotel doesn't have any service.

I understand the the RMOW itself is wired, but it seems to be a fairly pricey pay service, and I'd prefer not to spend something like $30 on internet for two days. Usually I do without for this annual weekend, but the hockey pool is far too important to leave to the auto-pick! and if I'm going to spend money, I'd prefer it be to feed my espresso addiction.

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

And for what it's worth, I attempted to find you a map of both the Esquires and Blendz websites. Esquires web site only makes tangential mention of coffee, has no list of locations and is primarily concerned with selling franchises. My Google-fu was too weak to find a Blendz page.

And people wonder how Starbucks manages to open three new locations every day.