• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Spanish wines

wingding

Spanish wines your best bet is to shop around in Newark at the local liquor/wine merchants. Go out for some spanish food one day and do some shopping.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I have been trying to come up with the correct information, but I've failed - maybe someone can help.  There is an upscale wine store on Park Avenue South, in either the twenties or thirties, and I think it's on the west side.  I found a first rate collection of Spanish wines in there, including some attractive Ribera del Dueros.  I had some information from the place, but I trashed it because I found the owner to be obnoxious.  But maybe I just didn't hit it off with him.  Anyone know the place?

... upscale wine store on Park Avenue South, in either the twenties or thirties, and I think it's on the west side.  

Quality House or something like that? It's on Park Avenue South just north of 22nd Street.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

I am blank on the name, but there are few wine stores actually on Park.  I thought it was above 23rd.  Sorry to be hopeless.  I know they've got a web-site, but all I keep finding is Park Avenue wines which is between park and Madison, and that's not it.

Useless Wilfrid.  :sad:

Thank you,I'll find it.I stopped in the wine store at Chelsea Market today,and they had a fairly decent selection.By the way[off topic],check out Murrays' for an ever expanding selection of very tasty Spanish cheeses.