• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

All in the name . . .

KatieM

I like "Buttercream." No dreams. To me, Buttercream says it all. That one word alone conjures up plenty of dreams.

Buttercream. One word. A fun word. Easy to say. Easy to remember. And not too girly or cutesy.

Even big burly men could say it without wincing.

And although you probably shouldn't add the "Bakery" into your formal name or logo, it's implied. Folks would naturally call it Buttercream Bakery.

Memorable.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Katie don't make yourself crazy about the name thing. This is a fun exercise and is really the least of your worries when it comes to opening a future pastry shop ( believe me).

Just remember when you are overobsessing that (to a huge extent) it will be the product that makes the name. Thus, even a boring name like "First Ave. Cakes" will take on a glow and a life of it's own if the product is outstanding. And... if the product isn't up to the glare of public acceptance then no matter how well crafted the name and graphics are it will be synonymous with mediocrity. (All the more reason to be banging your head over the details of reproducing your great product on a larger scale than the name.)

Reality check brought to you courtesy of : "been there done it!"

I feel like hitting my head with a hammer right now. Why is this so ridiculously difficult?

It's difficult because it's important! You are right to agonise a wee bit. I loved "Flour Power".

The Sweet Hereafter

or, if your brother is joining you, and you want to be a bit more inclusive of other sorts of cuisine,

Whet