• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

I am currently in major seed roasting mode concurrent with my winter squash play. The attached image is of seeds from a gifted Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin and a buttercup. They are different from one another and the perfect snack to keep on the counter. I want to taste the seed rather than a coating spice so I have arrived at the ideal method for me:  rinse lightly if lots of guts attached (though they add flavor as Steven mentioned earlier- just don't want them to burn before seeds done). Then I soak them for about half an hour in very salty water, drain, let dry a bit, and roast at 375 till done. Like nuts they continue to cook after removed from oven so take care. 

IMG_0379.JPG

heidih

heidih

I m currently in major seed roasting mode concurrent with my winter squash play. The attached image is of seeds from a gifted Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin and a buttercup. They are different from one another and the perfect snack to keep on the counter. I want to taste the seed rather than a coating spice so I have arrived at the ideal method for me:  rinse lightly if lots of guts attached (though they add flavor as Steven mentioned earlier- just don't want them to burn before seeds done). Then I soak them for about half an hour in very salty water, drain, let dry a bit, and roast at 375 till done. Like nuts they continue to cook after removed from oven so take care. 

IMG_0379.JPG