• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What to serve these people?!

KathyP

this happened to three of my college friends who went on a self catering holiday together - one was a vegetarian, one wouldn't eat vegetables (claimed that it was a result of growing up on a farm! :wacko: ) or spicy food and the other didn't like mushrooms. Apparently they survived teh week on pasta with tomato sauce, with tinned tuna mixed in for the meat/fish eaters. Oh yes, and a lot of chocolate and pringles!! :laugh:

Anyway - sounds like you've been given lots of great ideas already but when I have a mixture of veg / non veggie friends, one fall back is something like big garlic / herb / lemon roast chicken, big tray of roasted mediterranean veg, a side salad and (fresh?) pasta with tomato sauce or pesto ... basically everyone serves what they want to themselves .. so I would pile everything on my plate and yum it up ... others might do just plain chicken and pasta - or veg and pasta etc ...and it's teh same sort of cooking I would be doing anyway

and agree with earlier comments that a homemade dessert always makes the whole meal seem much grander .... or you could just do cheese and fruit afterwards, and try and get the non-veg eater to take on some nutrients and vitamins!

Hope this helps

Yin

X