• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Transforming your recipes

Dear Peter,

I must first of all thank you for your fantastic books. I had been Baking bread before, but only after reading "Crust and Crumb" and, later, "The Bread Baker Apprentice", did I manage to achieve home baked bread that really made me proud. I'll always be in debt to your clear and useful tips and explanations.

A slightly tecnichal question. Living in Germany, I've had at times problem following some bread formulas designed to work with american flours, especially when it comes to full gluten development.

I've recieved different suggestions on how to overcome this problem but I'd love to know if you would suggest any particular solution. Thanks.

Il Forno: eating, drinking, baking... mostly side effect free. Italian food from an Italian kitchen.