• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Curry Club

JennyUptown

I haven't heard a speck of information, gossip or speculation about this new spot in Burleith (north of Georgetown, south of Glover Park, very close to Safeway).

The black and red facade looks interesting, but I haven't seen a menu.

Who knows what? Details, por favor.

This is funny - I just came on to post a similar question because this place was included in the Open Table e-mail I just recieved. According to their website:

Curry Club is a stylish new restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere serving modern Indian food with an English twist.

Curry Club website

Bill Russell

Had a nice meal at Curry Club a few weeks ago - we were the only people there (though it was pouring down rain and a Monday night). The manager said they had been filling up most nights. The small dining room is on the second floor and was too brightly lit when we were there. Hopefully they have a dimmer.

The food: We had naan, a salmon tandoori appetizer that was really good, spicy beef vindaloo (nice heat) and a lamb dish (can't remember name). The sides (particularly the cauliflower stew) were tasty and the portions generous. All in all, a very satisfying meal. The menu has sort of a British tilt and according to our server changes daily.

I'll definitely go back sometime.

Amanda

Metrocurean, a D.C. restaurant and food blog

I received the following newsletter today. Shoot! Another place that's closed on Sundays...

curry club

Dear curry lovers,

Last Saturday we saw our busiest night at the restaurant so far with 55 guests! Do remember to book ahead on Friday and Saturday and also remember that if you cannot get a table online then you should call us on 202 625 9090 as we try keep a couple of tables available for our regular customers.

Watch out for Tom Sietsma's review this Sunday in the Post......

For this Friday we offer the following:

Tandoori Salmon (mild, marinated salmon on the grill for $9)

Karahi Lamb (lamb stewed Kashmiri style for $9)

Chicken Tikka Masala (marinated, baked, chicken breast pieces in a creamy tomato sauce for $9)

Beef Vindaloo (the old favorite and just as spicy for $9)

Cauliflower Stew (our most popular vegetable dish for $6)

Saag Paneer (indian cheese and spinach for $6)

Vegetable Curry (mixed vegetables in a tomato gravy for $6)

Vegetable Samosas ($6)

Mango Chutney ($5)

Tomato Chutney ($5)

Hot Lemon Pickle ($5)

Cucumber and Tomato Raita ($4)

Puffy Yoghurt Bread (Indian bread for $2)

Plain Basmatti Rice ($2 for two)

Orders, please, by Thursday lunchtime for delivery Friday PM.

Eat well,

Chris

Restaurant Hours:

Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 11:30 AM -- 2:00 PM

Dinner: Monday to Thursday: 5:30 -- 10:00 PM

Friday and Saturday: 5:30 -- 10:30 PM

Closed on Sundays

curryclub@curryclub.net

One unusual thing about Curry Club is their Friday-afternoon delivery service to Northwest DC, Bethesda, McLean, Great Falls and Sterling.

If you go here, sign up for "the club" and get your order in by Thursday afternoon, you'll have food appear at your doorstep on Friday (no word on how the "bubble and squeak" samosas will survive the voyage out to the hinterlands!)

Rocks.