• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Low's BBQ in Portland.

Got lucky in Portland. Managed to hook up with some eGullet guys for some great food! Those BBQ Boys (chefrodrigo & kyle) at Low's do a fabulous job with Texas style brisket, and BBQ lamb ribs. Everyone else seemed equally as pleased as I was to be chowing down, Texas style.

We also went to Dan & Louis' Oyster Bar, a local landmark. It's justifiably famous for Oyster Stew, which you can order with double oysters. Or triple. Or quadruple!!! So guess which I ordered.

Oregon also treated us to the wonderful Gold Beach and jet boats up the Rogue River, as well as Lincoln City, where we stayed at a terrific oceanside motel recommended by another eGulleteer.

Thanks guys for a great visit!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I guess I should have been reading that thread about you visiting Seattle. I would have given you the opportunity to satiate that urge to slap me around. :wink: I assume you went to the Farmer's Market, then. Glad you enjoyed our city. Have fun in Seattle. Buen provecho.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally made it to Low's stand at the market today (breezing through town on a family visit again) and was delighted with my combo plate of pork ribs, lamb ribs, and brisket. The standout was the lamb ribs, which were almost as good as Applebee's Riblets. Sorry. Actually, they were awesome. This is real BBQ with sauce on the side, and as I tore through the combo, I realized I was sitting right next to the Portland vegetarian society booth. Finish the joke yourself.

Matthew Amster-Burton, aka "mamster"

Author, Hungry Monkey, coming in May

I just put up some pics from today (missed you mamster, apparently). Just meat pics. I've got pics of their stand in my Portland Farmer's Market albums. I need to get some of their regular spot some time.

http://www.extramsg.com/modules.php?op=mod...bumName=album91

Look at the awesome smoke ring on the brisket and how moist it is:

meat6.sized.jpg

...as the drool drips onto my keyboard...

If the folks at work knew, they'd be blocking me from viewing this, for sure!!!

IT IS OBSCENE(ly good)!!! ;o)

Gotta get over for some Q soon. Been away and missed those guys!