• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Westwood Restaurants

fatcatbrew

I'll confidentially vouch for The Melting Pot in Westwood. Will & Carole provide outstanding service and superior food. The various fondue methods are delightful and the dipping sauces superb. 201-664-8877 -- reservations are a MUST.

Nutley Resident

-------------------------

Proud to be American

Proud to be a Nutley Township Resident

Not really much to write home about in Westwood itself; I had a horrific dining experience at Tuscany Trattoria 3 years ago (will never go back), there is another unremarkable Italian, and the Iron Horse for burgers. A so-so Thai on Kinderkamack Rd in Emerson, Pimaan, is also rather blah.

However, if you take Old Hook Road 7 minutes East, you will arrive at Harvest Bistro in Closter, one of the best restaurants in the county. Also got a tremendous review by David Corcoran of the NY Times. It has also been on TV receving accolades for the beautiful decor. However, there is a remarkable amount of non-interest in this restaurant by the Egullet NJ contingent-- perhaps you will buck the trend here and go and give us your first hand report!!

Harvest Bistro Web Site

Menton, I was unaware of this restaurant, and certainly I take Corcoran's reviews very seriously.

However after looking at the menu, it doesn't look particularly ambitious or exciting, it seems to be focusing on roasted and grilled meats and fish. That being said, if its done well, its probably worth visiting sometime. I certainly appreciate that kind of food as much as anyone else does if its done right and the quality of ingredients is good.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host