• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

15 Fox Place--Jersey City

Rosie

Dining at 15 Fox Place is better than dining at home. This home on a residential street in Jersey City is open Thursday to Saturday for dinner. And what a memorable dinner we had! We have been here twice, it has become a yearly event, and each time we  sat in the elegant dining room with fresh roses, beautiful china, candles and crystal adorning the tables. Dinner here is relaxing and unrushed as the room is yours for the evening.

We had the following at this BYO establishment:

APETIZERS:

Wine crackers topped with an olive tapenade

Home made pizza

Stuffed and unstuffed peppers

Polenta arrabbiata

Crab cakes with a red pepper coulis and basil infused oil

Ricotta meat and cheese frittata

Shrimp in a white wine sauce

Homemade cheese ravioli with tomato sauce

Ribbon pasta with a basil infused oil

Mesclun salad presented in a homemade frico cup

Lemon granita

ENTREE

Poussin with string beans, baby squash and stuffing surrounded by a red wine sauce.

DESSERTS

Biscotti and knot cookies

Warm chocolate cake oozing chocolate syrup with homemade vanilla ice cream

St. Joseph zeppoles

Coffee

We enjoyed everything and did a good job pacing ourselves! I loved the mascarpone/cream polenta with its spicy red sauce. The poussin was excellent and I only took a nibble because I was so full, I'll enjoy it for lunch.. The one disappointment was the salty frico (cheese cup) and salad which was heavy with dressing.

With tax and tip the bill was $70 per person.Call for reservations a few months in advance.  15 Fox Place, Jersey City. Phone: 201-413-1614

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I didn't eat all of that!  I wish! :wow: Actually, I tasted everything. I only took two helpings of the polenta and two shrimp. I had the back and two wings of the chicken and half of the chocolate molten cake. I cut the edges off of the ravioli to save calories also!

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

• 1 year later...
Guest johnh91011

I have dined at 15 Fox Place in Jersey City 2 times. It is probably the most amazing meal I have had in a long time. (By the way I am not affliated with them just a satisfied customer). Read a review in NY Times a while back and just remembered it.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...757C0A9659C8B63

I cannot add much more than this article except to reiterate that the whole experience was extraordinary

• 1 year later...