• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eGullet Outing - Pot-Luck Picnic in Montrose Park

Busboy

1) Nobody point out that, at 45, we're still living like college students;

As if. Glass houses and all that. :laugh:

I hope we can do an outdoor thing. If it's moved indoors I will leave destructo boy at home with my mom.

Edited by hjshorter (log)

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

1) Nobody point out that, at 45, we're still living like college students;

As if. Glass houses and all that. :laugh:

I hope we can do an outdoor thing. If it's moved indoors I will leave destructo boy at home with my mom.

I thought destructo boy and junior destructo lived out here in California with me!

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Accodring to the radar map on Weather.com, all the rain appears to have moved off to the northeast and we ought to be OK for the rest of the afternoon, unless one of those afternoon thunderstorms pops up.

That's my feeling, too. We have done a cursory cleaning of the house in case we have to beat a hasty retreat, but I'm thinking the park will work.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

It might have something to do with the wine, martini, and a few other drinks last night, but I seem to be on more of a 2pm schedule. I'll try to make it 1:30. :shock:

See you there. The sangria tastes gooooood.

Mike

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Me and my girfren, and misser and missus busboy were the lass to leaf. We had a fine time, and drank lotsa wine. The foo was oustanding, and we cand wait to do it again. Tanks to efereyone for their efforts, and for the wine. The wine was goot. We drank lotsa wine.

The pork was so tenner and juicy, the tomato salad was delish, and the wine was very nice. We drank lotsa wine.

Oh my gosh, and the bread. The bread was outstanning, and went goot wit da wine. Oh yeah, and the spreads that we put on the wine, I mean bread, was really excellenn.

Special tanks to misser Rocks for sending the fine bottles of Riesling. We called you dude, and left a tanks messach on your voice mails. The wine waz goot. We drank lotsa wine.

We muss do this again zumtime. But someone needs to bring da wine. Wine is good.

Next time,

Al Dente and Al Dente's girlfren

-- A.B.

*hiccup*

There was wine at this thing? How did I *hiccup* miss the wine?

Thank you Rocks, for sending us

i9980.jpg

It was a perfect apertif!

Mktye, who has been renamed Queen of Carbs, got us started with

i9975.jpg

(Notice all the signs)

i9976.jpg

Ofcourse she also provided spreads

i9977.jpg

and salt

i9978.jpg

mnebergall's bbq

i9979.jpg

covered with Al's chicken wings

i9981.jpg

i9982.jpg

i9991.jpg

The Butt

i9983.jpg

The Butt closeup

i9984.jpg

more Butt

i9988.jpg

pulling The Butt

i9989.jpg

pulled Butt

i9993.jpg

hj's salads and cornbread

i9987.jpg

mktye's noodles

i9990.jpg

my six tomato salad

i9985.jpg

The busboy's cauliflower. Yes, it is purple and orange. Yes, it was grown that way. Yes, it was delicious.

i9986.jpg

I have no clue *hiccup* who brought this

i9992.jpg

Busboy's lamb suasages. There were only two links left, which were enjoyed by the birds.

i9995.jpg

Mrs. Busboy's plate fully assembled

i9994.jpg

It was a beautiful day and delicious food.

And yes, there was no studying done when I *hiccup* got home

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

I didn't get any sausage, or chicken wings. :sad: Of course, that's only because I had a double helping of pork. What a delicious butt.

PS no one has mentioned the sangria yet. My glass of it was the highlight of my afternoon. :wub:

Edited by hjshorter (log)

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

(munching on a homemade strawberry marshmallows)

The sangria! By the time I got to it there was only a third left. While shrinking the pics I realized I forgot to get cornbread :angry: I guess I was too busy with the wings and sausage

Edited by hillvalley (log)

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

I didn't get any sausage, or chicken wings. :sad: Of course, that's only because I had a double helping of pork. What a delicious butt.

PS no one has mentioned the sangria yet. My glass of it was the highlight of my afternoon. :wub:

The sangria deserved special notice. It was perfect.

We have about eight pounds of links in the freezer if you're craving it, drop by anytime. We have wings, too, but they're going to be finished off by lunchtime tomorrow, so hurry!

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Thanks! Piece of cake:

2 bottles Rioja

bout 6 oz Brandy

Cup of sugar

Cut up fruit (I used an apple, couple of lemons, and a ruby grapefruit)

Quart of seltzer

Homemade marshmallows (optional)

:raz:

-- A.B.

Another thank you to the Busboys for planning this event.

All the food (& drink) was wonderful.

Mr. mktye is still talking about the tastiness of Mr. Dente's wings, mnebergal's butt and Busboy's sausage. Hmm, this is starting to sound like a "don't ask/don't tell" situation...

Also, thank you to hillvalley the great pics and for sharing the leftovers of her wonderful tomato salad. I'm mixing it with some cubes of the leftover sourdough for lunch. Mmmm, panzanella.