• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Get inside a restaurant kitchen....

I'd like to be present in the "kitchen" at the very first gourmet meal in a cave somewhere during the stone age. Perhaps with woolly mammoth on the menu-- or maybe dodo bird or giant sloth. I'd imagine that oysters would be served for the first time at this dinner. I'd want to see the expressions and hear the grunts of the guests. I'd then publish a cookbook with all of Chef Grok's prehistorical recipes and market it as the new diet fad which would overtake Adkins.

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

If we can throw a time machine into this phantasy -- I'd like to be with Andre Soltner at Lutece sometime in the mid-60s

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode

If we can throw a time machine into this phantasy -- I'd like to be with Andre Soltner at Lutece sometime in the mid-60s

What a lovely idea! May I join you? :smile:

Absolutely :biggrin:

Oh, J[esus]. You may be omnipotent, but you are SO naive!

- From the South Park Mexican Starring Frog from South Sri Lanka episode