• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fresh Fields

Marie

A friend passed by Fresh Fields in Chatham and noticed they were closed and a new restaurant opening in their place.  Always enjoyed a wonderful dinner there.  Anybody know whether the owners moved on to a new place?

• 3 months later...

I've just been scanning down the NJ board and noticed this for the first time. What a shame, it was a really good place which I've often recommended to people. We rented it out during the late afternoon on a Saturday for my brother's wedding rehersal dinner about eight years ago. They were so nice and helpful to my mother and me when planning the menu.

One of the appetizer choices was a butternut squash bisque if I recall correctly. Normally they did this pretty swirl of creme fraiche (sp?) on the top. For our party they wrote the wedding date instead. Lots of nice touches like this.

I hope someone knows what the chef and/or owners are up to these days, I'd follow them.

• 2 weeks later...

John and I had lunch there today. Nothing special. F Fields was a lot better. The garlic soup was just OK, the grilled salmon salad was gussied up with grapes, blue cheese, artichoke hearts, and the coffee was insipid. I doubt if we will return. I miss Fresh Fields.

Bea---NJ