• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

deer burger

Bicycle Lee

Venison lasagna (deer is very lean, this works great in lasagna)

Chili (chili with lean meat, goood)

turn it into sausage patties with fresh herbs (add 30% or so of good ground pork)

meatballs (once again, add some pork)

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

meatballs (once again, add some pork)

Adding pork is good advice, use the same idea and make burgers, or what ever, the fat in the pork will keep the deer from getting to dry, it will add flavour but will not dominate the deer.

It will also increase the volume if you wanted to feed more with less.

YUM YUM enjoy

stovetop

Cook To Live; Live To Cook

Not to be facetious but I would test it for Chronic Wasting Disease. I am great lover of venison but the incidence of the disease in Wisconsin has led to my prohibition against eating any. As a matter of fact due to 'Mad Cow' in the US, we don't eat US beef anymore. -Dick

Usually ground venison from a processor is 50% venison and 50% pork. Do you know if yours is a similar mix or is it all venison. If all venison, I love chili prepared with it. If cut with pork treat it as any ground up sausage.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero