• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A trip into bizzaro world

Keith Talent

...and to keep this food related, Apu 'chiliing his loins' in the Quickee Mart ice cream freezer when trying to impregnate Manjula.

this thread = hilarious. :smile:

a) i have never been to said restaurant, but the "Alice in Wonderland quality" reminds me of a bar across the street from me. i went in for a beer one friday eve, and there were 6-8 Hasidic (sp?) rabbis standing around watching a big-screen tv football game on the sabbath! :laugh:

b) i have also never eaten at an IKEA, but i have multiple friends who insist that the meatballs with lingonberry sauce are the best. and who make it a "destination restaurant" for those meatballs.

c) The Simpsons is hands down the best show on tv, IMHO. every time Matt Groening renews the contract, i silently thank heaven.

...and to keep this food-related, remember the "sacrilicious" pancake (is it a pancake?) in the fridge, that (doh!) Homer eats? :laugh:

The episode where the Simpsons go to a new restaurant with a 50's theme. The first thing on the menu:

POLIO BURGERS

Mark

HK Dave-

Did you know Keg and Gotham are owned by the same guy (along with Hyatts)? Total stranglehold!

The sea was angry that day my friends... like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

George Costanza

annanstee, did you say Hyatts? I think you mean Hy's. ...

Yes, I know all have the same boss now - his name is David Aisenstat, and his Dad was Hy Aisenstat (as in Hy's Restaurant). I saw a great quote from him once. Someone asking him what key mistake people make when opening new restaurants, and he replied 'serving something other than steak'.

Hong Kong Dave

O que nao mata engorda.