• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastameshugana

pastameshugana

spelling...

We're doing Valentine's Day in two parts. Monday night we went to a nice little restaurant, a classic 'old school' fine-dining kind of place called Level Four. (The kids who still live with us had frozen pizza while we were out).

Mrs. M had a mushroom risotto that was very nice. Several different mushroom varieties and all done well. The plating was 'creative' - it looked a bit like something out of a Dr. Seuss book (which isn't really a bad thing, for sure).

image.thumb.jpeg.b8df2cfb7178e4b97b0ac2b783352f7a.jpeg

I had a Sous Vide pork belly, with chili bacon toping, a smoky teriyaki sauce underneath, with Brussels sprouts and bok-choy. Very nice as well. The dish included chicharron, but the humidity killed the crispiness and it was meh...

image.thumb.jpeg.72f0d554960b7f335ac6d764dffbaee1.jpeg

We didn't get a picture of the dessert, which was a chocolate Malva pudding. 

Tonight (Tuesday) the kids and I are cooking: Hand made pasta for fettuccine alfredo, with a caprese salad, and my daughter will make dessert of some sort. Hopefully I'll get pics to post.

pastameshugana

pastameshugana

We're doing Valentines in two parts. Monday night we went to a nice little restaurant, a classic 'old school' fine-dining kind of place called Level Four. (The kids who still live with us had frozen pizza while we were out).

Mrs. M had a mushroom risotto that was very nice. Several different mushroom varieties and all done well. The plating was 'creative' - it looked a bit like something out of a Dr. Seuss book (which isn't really a bad thing, for sure).

image.thumb.jpeg.b8df2cfb7178e4b97b0ac2b783352f7a.jpeg

I had a Sous Vide pork belly, with chili bacon toping, a smoked teriyaki sauce, with Brussels sprouts and bok-choy. Very nice as well. The dish included chicharron, but the humidity killed the crispiness and it was no good...

image.thumb.jpeg.72f0d554960b7f335ac6d764dffbaee1.jpeg

We didn't get a picture of the dessert, which was a chocolate Malva pudding. 

Tonight (Tuesday) the kids and I are cooking: Hand made pasta for fettuccine alfredo, with a caprese salad, and my daughter will make dessert of some sort. Hopefully I'll get pics to post.