• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Glaze for spiral ham

tommy

alright, so my MIL got this spiral ham for x-mas. since we're hosting a lot of people, we're doing buffet style, and i'm not all that concerned about knocking people's socks off. so the spiral ham was allowed onto the menu. :rolleyes:

anyway, we're serving it room temp or a bit above i suppose. the ham came with a packaged glaze, but i'm thinking there must be a better idea.

any thoughts on an interesting glaze? i've never really taken this approach, so i'm at a bit of a loss.

NOTES : This is a nice change from cola basted ham. The cherry cola gives the ham a nice reddish glaze.

This delicious glaze is sure to impress the MIL :wink: . It is kind of tough to make, but I think you can handle it :wacko::laugh:

Report back on the results

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

A fun glaze to do is a Coca Cola glaze. It works really well, tastes very good and it's always fun to tell your incredulous guests that you glazed the ham with Coca Cola. Here is a recipe for a whisky and cola glaze or, for something simpler, there's this recipe for a cola glazed ham.

I actually like the juice in the bottom of the pan. I have never done this myself, but have had it many times at parties and it really is pretty good, although I prefer maple sugar glaze .

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...