• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The TV Show with Ed Levine

I saw just about every episode of your show on Metro TV with Ed Levine-- it was a terrific show. I really miss those blind taste tests you used to do. I still remember the one about ketchup-- alas, the D'Agostino's ketchup that won the test is no longer available!! But with all the drek they show on Food Network these days, your show was a standout.

Any prospects for a revival or re-incarnation of that show?

Did you know that show went on for 2 and a half years? I didn't. Think of all the episodes I missed.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I didn't know that our show reached Menton!

Thanks for your question.  I believe my answer to Jason Perlow's post entitled "No More Roundups? should answer yours.  If not, please let me know.  His thread does however degenerate into scatological references.  That's Jason for you.

Jeffrey

Yes, thanks Jeffrey--

Of course, I would have liked it better if you answered on my thread, and referred Jason here! :biggrin: I guess that's what "pull" does for you...

It is amazing that nobody has the cuillones to put you back on the air for honest opines about products. God forbid somebody cirticizes an advertiser!! Any stash of D'ag's ketchup in the pantry?

And no, that show never got to Menton, but if I could spend more time there, I would never watch TV anyway. A dreamy place with a warm, mediterranean climate, I only visit there on vacation once a year. Ever been to the Lemon Festival in February?

Thanks again and take care,

Menton1.