• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Years dining

glenn

I know it's late, but is there a list somewhere of places that are open? Anyone care to recommend a place? Just looking for a nice dinner, no horns or favors or nekkid wimmin. Last year we went to Nicholas, though I imagine they're booked already.

I am having a party with two seatings. 7:30 for friends who want dinner and drinks, and 9:30 for hors d'ouvres and drinks. Just come here... :biggrin::biggrin:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

Honestly, I haven't planned the menu yet, but I am sure it will include some tasty venison loin and a chestnut soup, two favorites that friends always appreciate. I'm figuring on going 3-4 courses for dinner, then a few hors d'ouvres for the latecomers...

I gotta plan Christmas first! :biggrin:

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson