• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Austin Chronicle 2003 Restaurant Poll

Jaymes

Anyone else read the Chronicle's 2003 Restaurant Poll?

I noticed that I seem to have much more in common with the "Critics' Choice" list, rather than the poll results.

In particular note the mention of T&S several times on the critics' list - best seafood, best appetizers, best late-night hangout for chefs and food professionals.

And eGulleteers, right? :biggrin:

Austin Chronicle 2003 Restaurant Poll Results

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Jaymes, I too found my tastes to be in tune with the critics rather than the bourgeoisie. Surely it's because you and I have such discerning palates and a refined sense of what constitutes stellar service, ambiance and value. :raz:

Notice how many times Lambert's appeared on the results poll?

I've signed up for Lambert's class at CM on June 12.

After the glowing mention in the Austin newspaper today, if there are any more spaces, they will fill rapidly.

So any of you that would like to take it had better call and reserve muy pronto.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Noticed the enchiladas at the Dart Bowl made the critic's list.. didn't that shut down like 8 years ago? Or does the old Capital Bowl on Grover serve the Dart Bowl enchiladas now?

I really loved those :)

Obviously I don't bowl much.......

Tripe my guacamole baby.. just one more time.

I've signed up for Lambert's class at CM on June 12.

After the glowing mention in the Austin newspaper today, if there are any more spaces, they will fill rapidly.

So any of you that would like to take it had better call and reserve muy pronto.

I guess I'll go ahead and sign up so I can hold a spot. If the surgery is scheduled for Thursday, then I'll just cancel.

Anyone else read the Chronicle's 2003 Restaurant Poll?

I noticed that I seem to have much more in common with the "Critics' Choice" list, rather than the poll results.

Shug, they should only hope to have your hah-tuned sense of taste... :biggrin:

Steebles, the b. alley on Grover is Dart Bowl.