• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Guido's Fresh Marketplace

Guido's market started out in 1979, purveyors of fresh vegetables. Boy have they come a long way. Now with offerings of fresh pasta's, prime and aged meats, seafood, artisian breads, buckets of cured olives,aged balsamic's, in season fresh vegetables and on and on. The Masiero brothers joined hands, with some great local vendors, creating a unique year round farm market. This place is certainly worth stopping and shopping when in the Western MA area.

Guido's

woodburner

I was vacationing in the Bershires this summer and did all my grocery shopping there. The meats, breads, produce, everything was fantastic! I was afraid I was going to have to resort to the stop and shops while I was there.

I was vacationing in the Bershires this summer and did all my grocery shopping there. The meats, breads, produce, everything was fantastic! I was afraid I was going to have to resort to the stop and shops while I was there.

I should have also mentioned the condiment section. :wub:

Aviator Ale Smoked Porter Mustard.. whoa!!

Grilled up a few hot links for apps last night and slathered some of that mustard on those hog casings... I almost passed out. :biggrin:

woodburner

Classic Bershires story: New York lady shopping in Guido's overheard saying: "why don't the locals shop here during the week so we don't have to wait on line such a long time on Saturday?"

I love Guido's. I used to travel back and forth quite a bit from my home in Southern VT to visit friends in Dutchess County, NY. I'd usually take RT 22 to avoid traffic and endless stoplights, but occasionally I'd brave RT 7 just so I could hit Guido's. I keep praying that something similiar will appear in Manchester, VT, but so far the offerings remain dismal.