• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Top DC Chefs at Beard Dinner in November

vengroff

On November 12, Maestro with host a James Beard Centennial Celebration to benefit the Beard Foundation.

Jose Andres, Jeffrey Buben, Roberto Donna, Bob Kinkead, Patrick O'Connel, Michel Richard, and Fabio Trabocchi will all be cooking.

It's $300 a head for food, wine, and service. Expensive, but you're not going to get many chances to have a meal prepared by all those chefs. Now if they only had Klc for the desserts.

Call Emanuele Fissore or Paola Duran at Maestro (703) 821-1515 to book.

Chief Scientist / Amateur Cook

MadVal, Seattle, WA

Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code

• 2 weeks later...

I found this on Chowhound.

Anyone going?

"This is a benefit for the James Beard Foundation but will feature among the greatest line ups of Washington chefs ever assembled with a course prepared by each: Jose Andres (Cafe Atlantico, Zaytinya), Jeffrey Buben (Vidalia), Roberto Donna (Galileo, Laboratorio), Bob Kinkead (Kinkead's), Patrick O'Connell (Inn at Little Washington), Michel Richard (Citronelle) and Fabio Trabocchi (Maestro). The dinner includes wines paired with each of the many courses. Seating is limited. Unfortunately this is neither an inexpensive nor a calorie conscious event for what must be at least seven courses. I also do not know if it is tax deductible since it benefits the Foundation. It is $300 per person inclusive and seating is limited. Anyone wanting to experience one of the greatest events of its kind yet assembled in the D. C. area should call Emanuele Fissore at Maestro, 703-821-1515."

I made my reservation as soon as I heard the news.

Bruce

I understand it is now sold out.  Congratulations on acting quickly.  I look forward to hearing about how it goes.

It's sold out. In order to get in, I had to agree that my wife and I were willing to sit at a four-top with another random couple.

That's another reason I asked if anyone here is going. I'd rather sit with someone who is a net foodie.

(And thank you to the person who moved my post under this thread. I didn't notice it until after I posted, and then I couldn't figure out how to delete my own post. Surely there's a way....)

Bruce