• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hoagie Ban Put Down

Jason Perlow

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/6431360.htm

The Eagles yesterday made a one-word change in the list of items fans can't bring to the new Lincoln Financial Field.

They dropped the word food.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I'm going to the soccer game tonight, and we're meeting at Royal beforehand for food and whatnot. But I'm thinking about stopping by somewhere or other and getting a hoagie to take in just because we can.

(speaking of royal--their brisket sandwich tastes like french onion soup. it's really tasty, if a little salty.)

Glad to see the food ban was lifted. Now Eagle fans can choke on hoagies instead of cheering when Giant players are carted off the field. Seriously, I know this is a food bb but the cheering when Ike Hilliard was injured last year was among the most classless acts I have witnessed in sports.

Edited by dbrociner (log)

Yes the food ban has now been lifted but who will take responsibility when the first AK47 is found in one of those "outside" hoagies or a WMD is found in an "outside" stromboli? :raz: I don't mean to make light of things but the "security" excuse was one of the lamest I've heard in a long time! GO EAGLES (and, btw, not ALL Eagles fans are classless).

"Nutrirsi di cibi prelibati e trasformare una necessita in estasi."

Glad to see the food ban was lifted. Now Eagle fans can choke on hoagies instead of cheering when Giant players are carted off the field. Seriously, I know this is a food bb but the cheering when Ike Hilliard was injured last year was among the most classless acts I have witnessed in sports.
GO EAGLES (and, btw, not ALL Eagles fans are classless).

Yeah - what he said! :raz:

What were you expecting from fans who've been known to boo Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, among others? :blink: Yes - some of the fans are classless, but they're all rabid fans to a fault. That would probably be one of their faults.

Dis iz Philly man - You got a prollum wid dat? :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

It's probably good that they lifted the food ban.  You think Eagles fans were abrasive last year, imagine them unfed as well.  Think lions at the Colleseum

I thought the Lions played in the Silverdome... :biggrin:

Those who do not remember the pasta are doomed to reheat it.