• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cadenhead shop

John von Pey

Last weekend I got a bottle of Cadenhead green label for my birthday. In the package was also a businesscard, with the following adress Cadenhead.

It is a Dutch website, but click on "producten" (=products), then click on bar with "maak een keuze" (= make your choice), select Cadenhead Rums and click on the button "toon" (= show).

You'll see a list of Cadenhead rums they carry (21 in total). The collection varies from a 10 year old to a 36 year old (and 69.3%!). They do delivery, but write to them for information about deliveries abroad.

I hope this site is usefull to someone around here :biggrin:

p.s. no, I haven't opened my bottle yet, the amount of open bottles has to reduce first :raz:

Thanks for the links, as you might expect Cadenheads bottles some really great rums but the quality varies. Their 30 year old cask strength (146 proof) which is no longer available was one of the best I've ever tasted.

Edward Hamilton

Ministry of Rum.com

The Complete Guide to Rum

When I dream up a better job, I'll take it.

Hi, all - First time posting here, so please forgive me if I mess up something.

Another link for Cadenhead's is their shop in Cologne, Germany, at www.cadenheads.de

Edward - I'm curious: have you tried their 28 y.o. Guyanan and, if so, what did you think? A friend slipped it in on me during a blind tasting of whisky a few months back and I was absolutely amazed. I don't think it's available anymore (I was lucky to get the last bottle on had in Cologne), but they just brought out a 29 y.o.

Cheers,

Jay

Where there's a still, there's a way.

• 2 weeks later...