• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taste was, in my opinion, one of the best shows TVFN has ever aired. Others seem to share this opinion as well. Click here for an example of someone wishing to TiVo Taste. I loved the simple set and the logic of dissecting one dish or ingredient at a time. I wonder why they don't air the repeats or have you make more episodes. Is there a chance of it ever airing again on TVFN or syndicated on another channel?

PS - I fondly remember your beautiful little girls appearing on an episode or two. They must be getting to be young women by now, you must be proud.

PPS - Jason and I met you at a food show on Long Island about 5 years ago. We brought you some Kona coffee to sample. You didn't like it, too weak. Oh well. :raz:

Oh my God! I didn't like your Kona! I hope I was polite! Can we arrange for me to try again? (Because I love great Kona!) Sorry about that....

Thanks so much for your gracious compliments. I'm hoping to get something going on PBS......I don't think the Food Network thing is going to happen. They have the pressure of appealing to REALLY big audiences; in their judgment, TASTE was a show for a limited number of people who really care about food. I don't agree.....but that's show biz!

Ah, the girls. As I told another participant in this Q&A, they're 13 and 11 now. They are so beautiful.....and so wordly......and so sophisticated! We travel all over the world: France, England, Spain, Hawaii, Iceland.....all in the last year! Andy, the elder, is a soccer and volleyball star. Sarah's passion is performing, and she has become a Shakespeare freak. They agree on their favorite food: sushi, especially sea urchin!

Thanks for asking!