• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A girl, a fish, a grill

Monica Bhide

If your fish is really fresh I wouldn't do a whole lot to it. I'm assuming these are whole. Cut slits in the skin on both sides. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil. Grill, turning only once. Sometimes I stuff the fish cavity with herbs - parsley, chives, thyme, green garlic, lemon zest, oregano. Squeeze a little lemon on it after its cooked. Make sure to eat the meat in the head of the fish, it's the tastiest part.

Clean, stuff with various aromatics and/or citrus.  Score, rub with OO, S&P, some chopped herb.  Grill.  If they're thick, grill carefully.

They are quite thick.

Then just be carefull not to burn the outside before the inside get's done. Maybe keep half the grill cool, and pull the fish over after a bit.