• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

THE BEST: NYC Vegetarian Dining

joler

You guys are so fantastic, so generous with knowledge and suggestions! I know daughter will choose one of your suggestions, they are all terrific.

thanks again, and i still have a few weeks though they'll have to make reservations soon. i think i'll ring the chef and have something done specially too. its so wonderful to feel i can do something special for these guys, and with your help, i am. hard when your kids grow up, i'm telling you, and you're far far away. though i pass through once every other month or so but still............

x

marlena

Marlena the spieler

www.marlenaspieler.com

ZEN PALATE

Interesting food and pretty tasty but no alcoholic beverages (i.e. wine) if that matters to you.

:smile:

Jamie

P.S. Welcome to eGullet!

Zen Palate doesn't come close -- in food or atmosphere -- to the majority of restaurants mentioned on this thread. My opinion, of course.

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

Zen Palate doesn't come close -- in food or atmosphere -- to the majority of restaurants mentioned on this thread.

Technically, I'd argue that the reverse is true, if you look at it from the point of view of a unique approach to food. No other restaurant mentioned on the thread does what Zen Palate does, in terms of philosophy, preparation, and ingredients.

From strictly a taste standpoint, I've been generally happy with what I've been served there, but I agree that individual preferences make that disputable.

:smile:

Jamie

See! Antony, that revels long o' nights,

Is notwithstanding up.

Julius Caesar, Act II, Scene ii

biowebsite