• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Adjusted links

48 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

HELLO!!!

My recipe from the little food blog I did is in the archives and it is dead easy to make.

I have been looking and looking for that darned recipe, without remembering whose food blog it was in! With that clue, I found the recipe for your Green Goddess Dressing, tucked away in the RecipeGullet archives. I'm also enjoying a pleasant walk down memory lane, reviewing your foodblog. Which brings me to the next, painful thought: back when you did that foodblog, I stlll had tarragon in my garden.

32 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Tarragon is finicky in the best of herb gardens.    I somehow miraculously have an abundance, well, abundance in tarragon terms, growing in mine at the moment.    It will die back in the winter and who knows what it will decide to do in the spring.    I depend on dried tarragon for cooking, Bearnaise sauce, chicken, etc.    Works just fine.     And fresh tarragon is no sure find in the produce aisle, even in California..

I had a very happy tarragon plant that I'd gotten for 5 bucks from a friend at the local farmer's market. She'd commented that she was selling it cheaply because nobody in our area seemed to know what it was good for. What good fortune for me! I took it home, planted it and watched it flourish for years...until my best friend's son came to stay with us one summer. He promised not to mow too closely around our deck pillars, where mint, chives and tarragon grew. He mowed down the tarragon. When I took him to task for it, he said "but I didn't know they were all different". O.o This was 9 years ago, and he's grown into a delightful young man, but that memory still pains me. I've never gotten tarragon to grow around there since.

Okay, back to David Chang's ranch dressing...

well, actually, I haven't tried that one but it would be interesting to do a taste test comparing my fave, from the Buttermilk and Bourbon Cookbook. I'll post about that in another topic.

Smithy

Smithy

45 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

HELLO!!!

My recipe from the little food blog I did is in the archives and it is dead easy to make.

I have been looking and looking for that darned recipe, without remembering whose food blog it was in! With that clue, I found the recipe for your Green Goddess Dressing, tucked away in the RecipeGullet archives. I'm also enjoying a pleasant walk down memory lane, reviewing your foodblog. Which brings me to the next, painful thought: back when you did that foodblog, I stlll had tarragon in my garden.

29 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Tarragon is finicky in the best of herb gardens.    I somehow miraculously have an abundance, well, abundance in tarragon terms, growing in mine at the moment.    It will die back in the winter and who knows what it will decide to do in the spring.    I depend on dried tarragon for cooking, Bearnaise sauce, chicken, etc.    Works just fine.     And fresh tarragon is no sure find in the produce aisle, even in California..

I had a very happy tarragon plant that I'd gotten for 5 bucks from a friend at the local farmer's market. She'd commented that she was selling it cheaply because nobody in our area seemed to know what it was good for. What good fortune for me! I took it home, planted it and watched it flourish for years...until my best friend's son came to stay with us one summer. He promised not to mow too closely around our deck pillars, where mint, chives and tarragon grew. He mowed down the tarragon. When I took him to task for it, he said "but I didn't know they were all different". O.o This was 9 years ago, and he's grown into a delightful young man, but that memory still pains me. I've never gotten tarragon to grow around there since.

Okay, back to David Chang's ranch dressing...

well, actually, I haven't tried that one but it would be interesting to do a taste test comparing my fave, from the Buttermilk and Bourbon Cookbook. I'll post about that in another topic.