• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

There's a cheesecake recipe that I'm hot to try, and it can be made using the food processor for mixing.  However, my processor is too small to contain the full amount of ingredients. Can I mix up about half the recipe amount, empty the processor, add and mix the balance, and then combine both batches and mix them together well by hand? I don't see a problem with this, but I'm not much of a baker and have only made a cheesecake once, so I'm not much of a cheesecake maven either.

Ingredients

7 eggs

14 oz sugar

1 cup cream

¼ cup flour

2¼ lbs cream cheese

FWIW, it's a Basque cheesecake recipe.

Shel_B

Shel_B

There's a cheesecake recipe that I'm hot to try, and it can be made using the food processor for mixing.  However, my processor is too small to contain the full amount of ingredients. Can I mix up about half the recipe amount, empty the processor, add and mix the balance, and then combine both batches and mix them together well by hand? I don't see a problem with this, but I'm not much of a baker and have only made a cheesecake once, so I'm not much of a cheesecake maven either.

FWIW, it's a burnt Basque cheesecake recipe.