• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Quinoa in a Zojirushi

Beusho

Does anyone make Quinoa in a Zojirushi? I have an older model NHS-10 (just an on/off setting), I've contacted Zojirushi who tells me they haven't tested it for quinoa. Their newer models have quinoa settings. Anyone do this? Just trying to get a rough start on water to quinoa (red vs white) ratios before I start my own testing. Thanks for the help!

“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”

I cook quinoa in my Instant Pot using the same time/pressure setting that I use for white rice. 
I rinse the quinoa as usual and use 1.5 cups water to 1 cup quinoa. That’s a little less than the 1.75 cups I’d use on the stovetop since the Instant Pot is closed so there’s less evaporation. I use the same ratio and time for any color quinoa. 

Not the same thing as you asked but might get you started if no one else chimes in.

• Like 1