• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Clarify

23 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

It's pretty unlikely the chile rellenos were made using Hatch chiles. They don't have the structure necessary for stuffing and deep frying. They would just end up in shreds. Best to use poblanos for that dish; pick the flattest most straight peppers in the bunch.  

The ones I had were baked (maybe broiled), not coated and deep-fried.

Sloppy but delicious. 🙂

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Clarify

23 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

It's pretty unlikely the chile rellenos were made using Hatch chiles. They don't have the structure necessary for stuffing and deep frying. They would just end up in shreds. Best to use poblanos for that dish; pick the flattest most straight peppers in the bunch.  

The ones I had were baked (maybe broiled), not coated and deep-fried.

Sloppy but delicious. 🙂

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

22 minutes ago, Katie Meadow said:

The ones I had were baked, not coated and deep-fried.

Sloppy but delicious. 🙂