• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added a sentence

I was reading amazon reviews on Modernist Bread and there were complaints that it lacked an index.  I wrote to them this morning to ask them about this and they reported back that the home version did indeed have an index.  I'm thinking of buying this, but I'm worried some of the ingredients required would, for me, be "odd" items.  Those of you who have the original 5 volume set, can you tell me if that is the case?  When I make bread, I don't want to be thinking I'm in a lab.

Edited to add:  I sent a second note to them asking about the index for Modernist Bread.  They assured me that it is indexed.

ElsieD

ElsieD

I was reading amazon reviews on Modernist Bread and there were complaints that it lacked an index.  I wrote to them this morning to ask them about this and they reported back that the home version did indeed have an index.  I'm thinking of buying this, but I'm worried some of the ingredients required would, for me, be "odd" items.  Those of you who have the original 5 volume set, can you tell me if that is the case?  When I make bread, I don't want to be thinking I'm in a lab.