• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 hours ago, dcarch said:

HaHa! I found a mistake in your interior decorating.

When I was in my Chinese friend's home, I asked what was a decoration on her front door. She said it was a symbol for prosperity,  but it is the tradition for it to be hung upside-down. Yours is right-side up.

dcarch 😁

No mistake. That decoration is on the fridge. Only the one on the outside of the front door is traditionally hung upside down. It is dying custom though. Most are right way up now.

liuzhou

liuzhou

7 minutes ago, dcarch said:

HaHa! I found a mistake in your interior decorating.

When I was in my Chinese friend's home, I asked what was a decoration on her front door. She said it was a symbol for prosperity,  but it is the tradition for it to be hung upside-down. Yours is right-side up.

dcarch 😁

No mistake. That decoration is on the fridge. Only the one on the outside of the front door is hung upside down.