• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I think we need to start a new topic called Dining Alone.

I did start such a topic or it may have been more about cooking for one. That was many years ago and all I got was a load of judgemental garbage questioning why I might be living alone and even more saying I should just eat frozen food and leftovers and think myself lucky, despite my having said that was precisely what I didn't want.

As I  said,  it was long ago and most of the participants then are probably no longer still here, figuratively or literally. I forget what it was called and it's best to leave it to rot in peace.

The site is, on the whole, a more friendly place today, so if someone were  to start such a topic again, I'd willingly take part to the best of my ability.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Tropicalsenior said:

I think we need to start a new topic called Dining Alone.

I did start such a topic or it may have been more about cooking for one. That was many years ago and all I got was a load of judgemental gatbage questioning why I might be living alone and even more saying I should just eat frozen food and leftovers and think myself lucky, despite my having said that was precisely what I didn't want.

As I  said,  it was long ago and most of the participants then are probably no longer still here, figuratively or literally. I forget what it was called and it's best to leave it to rot in peace.

The site is, on the whole, a more friendly place today, so if someone were  to start such a topic again, I'd willingly take part to the best of my ability.