• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Fix link

58 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@C. sapidus

how did you make that ground turkey dish ?

Thank you! Sautéed onions, garlic, and the ground turkey, and then simmered with chicken stock, crushed tomato, ground cloves, cumin, Mexican oregano, and a big dollop of the salsa negra I made the other day:

Made enough salsa negra for a few meals. Morita (dried chipotle) and pasilla chiles, fried in oil and soaked in a syrup of brown sugar and molasses. Garlic cloves, fried until golden brown. Whomped in the Preethi with crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, and then simmered for 20 minutes until dark and thick. One of my favorite sauces ever: hot, sweet, smoky and mysterious. Quite different than if made with canned chipotles in adobo.

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Fix link

57 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@C. sapidus

Thank you! Sautéed onions, garlic, and the ground turkey, and then simmered with chicken stock, crushed tomato, ground cloves, cumin, Mexican oregano, and a big dollop of the salsa Nebraska I made the other day:

Made enough salsa negra for a few meals. Morita (dried chipotle) and pasilla chiles, fried in oil and soaked in a syrup of brown sugar and molasses. Garlic cloves, fried until golden brown. Whomped in the Preethi with crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, and then simmered for 20 minutes until dark and thick. One of my favorite sauces ever: hot, sweet, smoky and mysterious. Quite different than if made with canned chipotles in adobo.

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

54 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@C. sapidus

Thank you! Sautéed onions, garlic, and the ground turkey, and then simmered with chicken stock, crushed tomato, ground cloves, cumin, Mexican oregano, and a big dollop of the salsa Nebraska I made the other day. 

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

18 minutes ago, rotuts said:

@C. sapidus

Thank you! Sautéed onions, garlic, and the ground turkey, and then simmered with chicken stock, crushed tomato, ground cloves, cumin, Mexican oregano, and a big dollop of the chipotle paste I made the other day.