• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

Heidi was certainly one of the most prolific members here. She was able to join any discussion, either to contribute or just to push the discussion further with interested questions 😊.

I think we bonded first over her Donauschwaben heritage (or Banat swabian, as she liked to specify) and she took always great interest in food from the old European heartland, a liking we shared. I enjoyed our exchanges in threads and in PMs, the last one over „Eat Pray Love“ just some months ago.  Definitely a character, with a lot of challenges, which she shared in the off-topic forum, but also with an uncompromising positive outlook on life, on (most of) her family and … on us.

I will miss you, @heidih. Ruhe in Frieden 🙏

Duvel

Duvel

Heidi was certainly one of the most prolific members here. She was able to join any discussion, either to contribute or just to push the discussion further with interested questions 😊.

I think we bonded first over here Donauschwaben heritage (or Banat swabian, as she liked to specify) and she took always great interest in food from the old European heartland, a liking we shared. I enjoyed our exchanges in threads and in PMs, the last one over „Eat Pray Love“ just some months ago.  Definitely a character, with a lot of challenges, which she shared in the off-topic forum, but also with an uncompromising positive outlook on life, on (most of) her family and … on us.

I will miss you, @heidih. Ruhe in Frieden 🙏