• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerala

Kerala

Brine details

Wow, @FrogPrincesse

That looks great! We love goose, it's a popular choice for our Christmases. I must remember to search this topic in the run-up to Christmas this Year and onwards.

The young man rolling the turkey thigh in the picture above is my sister's son in law. His turned out a bit neater than mine. Some of you might remember him from the first Kerala blog. He suggested removing and deboning the thighs to ballotine them, brining thighs and breast before cooking. We used shop-bought sausage meat for the stuffing.

PXL_20231225_174314688_MP.thumb.jpg.0eda549dd881551755a7fbf706427fa0.jpg

The actual cooking time was only 60 minutes. Since I only helped, I don't need any false modesty- it was excellent!

Kerala

Kerala

Wow, @FrogPrincesse

That looks great! We love goose, it's a popular choice for our Christmases. I must remember to search this topic in the run-up to Christmas this Year and onwards.

The young man rolling the turkey thigh in the picture above is my sister's son in law. His turned out a bit neater than mine. Some of you might remember him from the first Kerala blog. He suggested removing and deboning the thighs to ballotine them, briningbefore cooking. We used shop-bought sausage meat for the stuffing.

PXL_20231225_174314688_MP.thumb.jpg.0eda549dd881551755a7fbf706427fa0.jpg

The actual cooking time was only 60 minutes. Since I only helped, I don't need any false modesty- it was excellent!