• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New to the forum and can't read enough! Cheese, cakes, freeze drying; now I want to learn to make bon bons!

Becky R

Hi everyone!  I'm Becky, and I own an insurance agency in Central Virginia, have shown horses (hunters and jumpers) most of my life, and have a variety of interests and hobbies that allow me to use my creative side. Cheese making, baking, cake decorating, glass etching and painting have all been fun past times for me.  Hoping my artistic skills will lend themselves to chocolate making, (which is what brought me to the forum) and really need to learn how to deal with fondant for cakes, so I was thrilled to realize that the forum covered many different topics! 

The folks here seem so helpful AND TALENTED... I'm really enjoying the time I've spent here so far and finally decided to participate as I have some questions about various things I've been reading.  I dabble in a lot of areas, but have a lot to learn.  I probably know enough to be dangerous in most categories, but am willing to share anything that is helpful to others!

image.png.f015828fb4e871b26a072f7d93b8315b.pngimage.png.96e14a0ea91039fcfce72f55c1659b56.png

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 10.35.19 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 10.36.57 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 10.43.33 AM.png

• Like 9

Welcome, @Becky R!  The chocolate experts on this forum are incredibly knowledgable and helpful so I'm sure you'll get good answers to your questions, especially if you can master the search functions  and mine previous topics for information.  BTW, I'm not a chocolate expert or even an amateur chocolateer but I often read those topics because it's like going on a little field trip or auditing an expert class.  

• Like 2