• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jedovaty

jedovaty

Another idea: if it's a relatively sour pineapple that's out of season, blend it into juice and use it to brine/marinate chicken.  Pretty much any kind of marinade will work with pineapple, I like to mix into the pineapple juice whatever I have on hand, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sake/mirin, etc.  If I have citrus, whether lemon, lime, orange, mandarins, etc, it always comes out super tasty :)  If you need a starting place, google "El Pollo Loco copycat chicken marinade". 

Little bit of a waste possibly, since pineapple juice is way cheaper from the can versus fresh, but sometimes the grocery store pineapples are picked way too early for transport.

jedovaty

jedovaty

Another idea: if it's a relatively sour pineapple that's out of season, blend it into juice and use it to brine/marinate chicken.  Pretty much any kind of marinade will work with pineapple, I like to mix into the pineapple juice whatever I have on hand, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sake/mirin, etc.  If I have citrus, whether lemon, lime, orange, mandarins, etc, it always comes out super tasty :)  If you need a starting place, google "El Pollo Loco copycat chicken marinade".