• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

Not humiliating at all...everyone's different!

Collard greens I am in the same boat as you...but from what I gather, a long - low and slow cook with some smoked meat is the key.

Fennel, not sure i would call that a green veg - as you are eating the bulb, which is nearly all white.  Slice it on a mandolin very thin, add a bit of fresh orange juice, salt and olive oil - K.I.S.S. method wins here.

Chard/beet & turnip are great, sweet and can be cooked like spinach.

Kale.....you aint missing much! 🤣

Watercress is best eaten raw in salads.  Same with Arugula (you can make a pesto from it which is great).

Endives are fantastic raw (a bit bitter) or broiled with a bit of butter and cheese/bread crumbs.

New foods are so much fun!

I have to confess to most of your s as well.

The exceptions would be fennel (try it in soups, it's amazing), kale (meh), and arugula, which I like occasionally in salads.

lindag

lindag

1 hour ago, TicTac said:

Not humiliating at all...everyone's different!

Collard greens I am in the same boat as you...but from what I gather, a long - low and slow cook with some smoked meat is the key.

Fennel, not sure i would call that a green veg - as you are eating the bulb, which is nearly all white.  Slice it on a mandolin very thin, add a bit of fresh orange juice, salt and olive oil - K.I.S.S. method wins here.

Chard/beet & turnip are great, sweet and can be cooked like spinach.

Kale.....you aint missing much! 🤣

Watercress is best eaten raw in salads.  Same with Arugula (you can make a pesto from it which is great).

Endives are fantastic raw (a bit bitter) or broiled with a bit of butter and cheese/bread crumbs.

New foods are so much fun!

I have to confess to most of your s as well.

The exceptions would be fennel (try it is soups, it's amazing), kale (meh), and arugula, which I like occasionally in salads.