• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

When I clicked on this topic I misread it as Butter CANDIES. And I thought whoa!, disrespectful? But now I agree; especially disrespectful of the cow who gave up the goods. I burn through a pound of butter, and it's not an insignificant chunk of money. So a candle seems unbelievably stupid, which goes without saying. I like my butter evenly spread over my toast, and not dripping on my open book. Oh well, reading by candle light? That ship has sailed.

Knowing nothing about TikTok I assume that in addition to being made of butter they are scented: "Burnt Butter,"  "Peanut Butter,"   "Salted Caramel,"  "Nightlight,"  "Butter Me Up, Buttercup" and "Oreo."  And currently under development,  "Street Lamp" and "Footprint." Go Gen Alpha!  

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

When I clicked on this topic I misread it as Butter CANDIES. And I thought whoa!, disrespectful? But now I agree; especially disrespectful of the cow who gave up the goods. I burn through a pound of butter, and it's not an insignificant chunk of money. So a candle seems unbelievably stupid, which goes without saying. I like my butter evenly spread over my toast, and not dripping on my open book. Oh well, reading by candle light? That ship has sailed.

Knowing nothing about TikTok I assume that in addition to being made of butter they are scented: "Burnt Butter,"  "Peanut Butter,"   "Salted Caramel,"  "Butter Me Up, Buttercup,"   "Nightshade" and "Oreo."  And currently under development,  "Street Lamp" and "Footprint." Go Gen Alpha!