• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerala

Kerala

Onions

@Kerala – Lamb is probably my favorite meat.  What was in your sticky sauce?"

@Kim Shook

The lamb was marinated in hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce and white wine, basting the meat every 20 minutes. The lamb was roasted sitting atop halved onions. While the lamb rested after roasting, a third of the resulting liquid was reserved as gravy, the other 2/3 was boiled down to a treacle consistency and brushed on the lamb. Adapted from a Gary Rhodes recipe.

Kerala

Kerala

Onions

@Kim Shook

The lamb was marinated in hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce and white wine, basting the meat every 20 minutes. The lamb was roasted sitting atop halved omions. While the lamb rested after roasting, a third of the resulting liquid was reserved as gravy, the other 2/3 was boiled down to a treacle consistency and brushed on the lamb. Adapted from a Gary Rhodes recipe.

Kerala

Kerala

@Kim Shook

The lamb was marinated in hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce and white wine, basting the meat every 20 minutes. While the lamb rested, a third of the resulting liquid was reserved as gravy, the other 2/3 was boiled down to a treacle consistency and brushed on the lamb. Adapted from a Gary Rhodes recipe.