• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Lime not lemon

Speaking of canned coconut milk . . .

Green_curry_steelhead_202309.thumb.jpg.19ea3e12a452be228c5d83eed540f9ce.jpg

Green curry steelhead. I used curry paste from a tub, enhanced with whatever we had on hand - minced jalapenos, ginger, garlic, lime zest, chicken stock, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and bay leaves. Mrs. C made broccoli with lime, sesame oil, and sesame seeds, which mixed in with the curry nicely.

I topped mine with sliced jalapenos and a squeeze of lime. Rest of the family did not.

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Speaking of canned coconut milk . . .

Green_curry_steelhead_202309.thumb.jpg.19ea3e12a452be228c5d83eed540f9ce.jpg

Green curry steelhead. I used curry paste from a tub, enhanced with whatever we had on hand - minced jalapenos, ginger, garlic, lemon zest, chicken stock, palm sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, and bay leaves. Mrs. C made broccoli with lime, sesame oil, and sesame seeds, which mixed in with the curry nicely.

I topped mine with sliced jalapenos and a squeeze of lime. Rest of the family did not.