• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

btbyrd

btbyrd

I had some leftover garnishes from a consommé I made earlier in the week. Broke out some instant Prima Taste curry noodles. Took leftover roast chicken and fried it in oil with ginger, curry powder, and cayenne. Put that on the noodles, topped with a leftover sous vide yolk, and rained down the chives.

The food photographer in me should have wiped this bowl, but since I was going to eat it over the sink like a rat, it didn’t seem necessary. There’s a definite splash zone with these noodles. Sink eating is the way. Plan your slurpy spatter patterns wisely! Or put a tarp down, Patrick Bateman style, and throw on some Huey Lewis and The News. Or put on a poncho and go outside. Maybe eat them in a shower stall in a hazmat suit. Reasonably, the sink/apron combo is about the best you can hope for in real life. Because that broth *will* splash. And that broth *will* stain. But you got slurp those noodles. Those noodles are so worth it. Caveat emptor. 🍜 🐀 🚿

A52764BF-D504-4EBC-B0B4-96A1EFF5FA0B.thumb.jpeg.33e3307ffa135ac4ba493b692786d359.jpeg

btbyrd

btbyrd

I had some leftover garnishes from a consommé I made earlier in the week. Broke out some instant Prima Taste curry noodles. Took leftover roast chicken and fried it in oil with ginger, curry powder, and cayenne. Put that on the noodles, topped with a leftover sous vide yolk, and rained down the chives.

A52764BF-D504-4EBC-B0B4-96A1EFF5FA0B.thumb.jpeg.33e3307ffa135ac4ba493b692786d359.jpeg