• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Broiled black cod collars over white rice, watermelon radish marinated in shiso vinegar, steamed broccoli, pickled ginger and a soy/citrus dipping sauce, which turned out to be entirely unnecessary. 

The black cod collars, which look like a pile of charred birds in my photo, were an add-on item in my fish share.  They were very good, if messy, to eat. 

B756BCD8-32A6-45EC-9B72-D987832E5E2E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.4ea27a3ab9a93f8c7ce0c0d17f88d911.jpeg

Pre-broil, two of them just got sprinkled with salt, the others got a 30-min miso/mirin/sake marinade. I have more in the marinade to cook tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Broiled black cod collars over white rice, watermelon radish marinated in shiso vinegar, steamed broccoli, pickled ginger and a soy/citrus dipping sauce, which turned out to be entirely unnecessary. 

The cod collars, which look like a pile of charred birds in my photo, were an add-on item in my fish share.  They were very good, if messy, to eat. 

B756BCD8-32A6-45EC-9B72-D987832E5E2E_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.4ea27a3ab9a93f8c7ce0c0d17f88d911.jpeg

Pre-broil, two of them just got sprinkled with salt, the others got a 30-min miso/mirin/sake marinade. I have more in the marinade to cook tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.