• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

(Several meals)

The rain lasted 2,5 weeks! Hello again, sun!
Santorinian lentils/"fava" (Lathyrus clymenum) with spicy mince.
3prc2SL.jpg

Totally inauthentic "dakos" (toast with tomatoes and feta, plus summer savoury from the garden).
kzOeMWl.jpg

Photo of the "fava" taken on the day before leaving Santorini to return to Crete. (Down to 2 fava and 2 tomato paste now.)
NL0blAw.jpg

- - -
First 10. Got another 10 yesterday. Simply boiled til done. I snack on a cob any time, also when biking to/from somewhere.
Ue3ewfx.jpg

Another type of Lithuanian black bread
ZUyMe5j.jpg

Z5qHuSX.jpg

And of course, my favourite, new Matjes. Avocado-beetroot spread is for the black bread. It spreads just like butter.
b30Fp3u.jpg

- - -
1/3 of a kilo of razor clams. Steamed and dressed with a chopped Greek salad, and lemon juice.
DtQnV6Y.jpg

And a beer
zMQ2HrV.jpg

_ _ _

A common species of whelks round these parts
yiVtH9r.jpg

dKANthi.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

(Several meals)

3prc2SL.jpg

Totally unauthentic "dakos" (toast with tomatoes and feta, plus summer savoury from the garden).
kzOeMWl.jpg

Photo of the "fava" taken on the day before leaving Santorini to return to Crete. (Down to 2 fava and 2 tomato paste now.)
NL0blAw.jpg

- - -
First 10. Got another 10 yesterday. Simply boiled til done. I snack on a cob any time, also when biking to/from somewhere.
Ue3ewfx.jpg

ZUyMe5j.jpg

Z5qHuSX.jpg

And of course, my favourite, new Matjes. Avocado-beetroot spread is for the black bread. It spreads just like butter.
b30Fp3u.jpg

- - -
1/3 of a kilo of razor clams. Steamed and dressed with a chopped Greek salad, and lemon juice.
DtQnV6Y.jpg

And a beer
zMQ2HrV.jpg

_ _ _

yiVtH9r.jpg

dKANthi.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

(Several meals)

3prc2SL.jpg

Totally unauthentic "dakos" (toast with tomatoes and feta, plus summer savoury from the garden).
kzOeMWl.jpg

NL0blAw.jpg

- - -
Ue3ewfx.jpg

ZUyMe5j.jpg

Z5qHuSX.jpg

b30Fp3u.jpg

- - -
b30Fp3u.jpg

And a beer
zMQ2HrV.jpg

_ _ _

yiVtH9r.jpg

dKANthi.jpg