• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Rhubarb
HidpYfe.jpg

The "original" mac & cheese contains potatoes, served with apple sauce on the side (one can actually spoon it on top of the whole thing, or anywhere on the plate), and the pasta is longish. The pasta and potatoes are cooked together in cream, then the cheese is added when done. In German speaking countries it's called "Alpine mac & cheese".
FHQcj4c.jpg

Many people like it best with some crispy-fried Speck. I make it seasonal with rhubarb. The tartness is refreshing and palate cleansing.
iBHjIee.jpg

---
It's finally warming up
hfx8Nbl.jpg

These organic strawberries are all different shapes and sizes. I just need the taste. White stuff is full-fat quark that's been drained.
QJu2bbX.jpg

This Queen comes with a green crown.
Ndjg39Y.jpg

---

From Pakistan

jc0tJKl.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Rhubarb
HidpYfe.jpg

The "original" mac & cheese contains potatoes, served with apple sauce on the side (one can actually spoon it on top of the whole thing, or anywhere on the plate), and the pasta is longish. The pasta and potatoes are cooked together in cream, then the cheese is added when done. In German speaking countries it's called "Alpine mac & cheese".
FHQcj4c.jpg

Many people like it best with some crispy-fried Speck. I make it seasonal with rhubarb. The tartness is refreshing and palate cleansing.
iBHjIee.jpg

---
It's finally warming up
hfx8Nbl.jpg

These organic strawberries are all different shapes and sizes. I just need the taste. White stuff is full-fat quark that's been drained.
QJu2bbX.jpg

This Queen comes with a green crown.
Ndjg39Y.jpg