• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Comma

50 minutes ago, gfweb said:

That looks deep fried. Please explain!

Pretty much. You whisk a couple of eggs with any add-ins, heat ~ a cup of oil to about 400°F in a wok, pour in the eggs, cook 20-30 sec, flip, cook another 20-30 sec.  Result is crispy on the outside, soft and tender inside. Not something I plan to repeat with any regularity but I was curious to try it. 
You can see Kenji making it in this video. The egg business starts around the 4 minute mark. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

40 minutes ago, gfweb said:

That looks deep fried. Please explain!

Pretty much. You whisk a couple of eggs with any add-ins, heat ~ a cup of oil to about 400°F in a wok, pour in the eggs, cook 20-30 sec, flip cook another 20-30 sec.  Result is crispy on the outside, soft and tender inside. Not something I plan to repeat with any regularity but I was curious to try it. 
You can see Kenji making it in this video. The egg business starts around the 4 minute mark.