• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Fumblefingers

And just for fun, pasilla chile packets are often labeled "ancho" - I think chile names vary across Mexico.

I don't normally post leftovers but this was interesting. I had used strip steak in the Panang beef but realized that the "beef" specified in the recipe should have been a longer-cooking cut to allow the sauce to be cooked down.

So this morning I fished out the steak, cooked down the sauce, and then warmed the steak in the sauce. Much better. Cucumber salad was also better after chiles, shallots, etc. steeped overnight.

Panang_beef_202308a.thumb.jpg.fea657fca634b3ff633286487409d1c3.jpg

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

And just for fun, pasilla chile packets are often labeled "ancho" - I think chile names vary across Mexico.

I don't normally post leftovers but this was interesting. I had used strip steak in the Panang beef but realized that the "beef" specified in the recipe should have been a longer-cooking cut to allow the sauce to be cooked down.

So this morning I fished out the steak, cooked down the sauce, and then warmed the steak in the sauce. Much better. Cucumber salad was also better after chiles, shallots, etc. steeped had a chance to sit overnight.

Panang_beef_202308a.thumb.jpg.fea657fca634b3ff633286487409d1c3.jpg