• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FeChef

FeChef

Doing lump crab stuffed cod pinwheel rolls as a side dish to go with prime rib roast. Thinking of trying this muffin pan method. Uncharted territory with the APO. Most recipes call for 350F for 30 min. That just seems like overkill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using frozen Icelandic cod fillets which are usually thick which i plan to thaw and slice into 1/2 inch x 2 inch strips. Question is how long would i need to bring these up to 140F in the APO in sous vide mode with 100% steam? Keep in mind these will be stuffed with a lump crab meat stuffing. 

EDIT: I went with 425F for 15 minutes. They were a huge success. I have some reheating in the APO now.

20221226_210631.jpg

FeChef

FeChef

Doing lump crab stuffed cod pinwheel rolls as a side dish to go with prime rib roast. Thinking of trying this muffin pan method. Uncharted territory with the APO. Most recipes call for 350F for 30 min. That just seems like overkill. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using frozen Icelandic cod fillets which are usually thick which i plan to thaw and slice into 1/2 inch x 2 inch strips. Question is how long would i need to bring these up to 140F in the APO in sous vide mode with 100% steam? Keep in mind these will be stuffed with a lump crab meat stuffing. 

FeChef

FeChef

I am using frozen Icelandic cod fillets which are usually thick which i plan to thaw and slice into 1/2 inch x 2 inch strips. Question is how long would i need to bring these up to 140F in the APO in sous vide mode with 100% steam?